Fundamentals of the Gospel
We as humans are the same no matter where we are so there is only one message of the gospel to be given. It is the same message for every person, and every situation. I may say, "But you do not know the situation that I am in!" That is correct, but God knows the situation. And "the problem" is the same for everyone, everywhere.
- Sinner - we are all sinners; we all deserve God's eternal punishment. We have a nature that loves to sin.
- Wrath of God - God is a righteous judge.
- Saved - We need this salvation from the wrath of God.
- Reconciled - We can not be friends of God as a sinner; We can not make ourselves be reconciled to God. God reconciles Himself to us and only through the blood of Christ shed on the cross for our sins. Jesus became my sin and experienced Hell for me. If this is not my hope then my hope is empty.
- Justified - This great news, God did not just overlook our sins but declared us just-justified. Just as if I had never sinned. God declares us holy and righteous.
Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then fr the Gentile."
Guest speaker today was Jack Roberts, the Director at the Hope Christian Center in Bronx, New York City, New York.